Coconut chicken is actually very easy! Just follow that 3-step dredge only on that last step press the chicken onto a plate sprinkled with coconut, flip over to press the other side and set on plate to await the fry! So yummy!!
You will need:
- 4-5 Chicken breast, cut in even halves
- 1 cup flour (may need more, depending on chicken moisture)
- 2 eggs, beaten (have one more close by for backup)
- 1 bag (apx 1lb) of shredded coconut, you will have leftovers
- jar raspberry preserves
- veggie oil for frying (or whatever you prefer)
Preheat oil to 375, preheat oven to 375.
Dredge the chicken parts using tongs to avoid ‘club hands’:
- flour first, shake excess
- roll and completely coat in egg, shake excess
- press into coconut mound, fully covering, give a small, gentle shake
- then let rest on plate.
Place chicken into oil via tongs, turn once to brown, don’t crowd the oil. Place browned chicken on baking sheet. I use a cooling rack over a cookie sheet to help with grease drain off.
*Note: use 2 sets of tongs, the dredge tongs that will be touching raw chicken and egg, use a fresh tongs or spider to pull cooked chicken out of oil. This keep contamination and sickness away!
When all the chicken has been browned, let finish cooking in oven. I also use a meat thermometer to get the exact temp on finished meat. This insures your meat with be juicy and tender, while being done.
For Raspberry dipping sauce spoon healthy amount into a micro bowl, add a teaspoon or two of water (I sometimes use lemon juice). I nuke this for a minute or two on power level 3. I like a thicker dipping sauce myself.
Serve it all warm, and enjoy 🙂 Super yummy here!!!