I know you have heard the song “Count your blessings”. It’s a song all children learn if they have ever stepped foot in a Vacation Bible School or Sunday school classroom.
It can be very hard to bust out of a negative mind set, and believe me, there are plenty of things about this current COVID-19 situation to feel negative about! But there is great benefit, and even a Biblical command, to seek the blessings in every rotten circumstance.
My beautiful Christian Planner has a section below every weekly sermon note page to reflect on the blessings in my life and what I am grateful for right now. I appreciate this weekly discipline! So in this spirit of seeking joy and counting my blessings, I listing the things for which I am thankful today:
- I am very thankful for a home that is safe and secure, where I feel at peace.
- I am thankful that our family is not feeling like a duck out of water with the social distancing and crisis home educating.
- I am thankful for a house big enough to get away from each other as we are 7 people staying away from other folks.
- I am thankful for the baking and cooking that I can do at home to entertain the family in tasty endeavors.
- I am thankful for the great weather we are having in Texas so we can get outside and soak up some Vitamin D to boost our immune systems.
- I am thankful to live in a state where our Governor believes in the freedom of religion, and placed churches in the ‘essential’ category, not denying believers to gather together.
- I am thankful for a real faith that gives peace in these trying times. I believe that Christ is on His throne and that none of this was unknown to Him.
If you would like to read the last post I wrote about counting your blessings, please click here.