today has been a day of testing…. “Kay, what on earth do you mean by that??” let me back fill a bit
our pastor preached a sermon on Sunday about the difference between being tempted and tested. what God does for us is tests us on what we have learned through the Holy Spirit. today, Wednesday, has been a day of testing for me… am i learning to be more patient with my children and am i remembering to call on Him to give me strength when i run out of my own patience (anyone who has known me for more than a week knows i lack patience BIG TIME).
today i had a friend coming over this afternoon to share some of the plethora of baby boy clothing that i have left over. i have a Rubbermaid bin for my family members (just in case) and i have a large diaper box full of leftover stuff as well. so i had planned to get schooling done by lunch to tidy up a bit before she came…. then the testing started.
- my almost 6mos infant is quite fussy and desires more attention than he gets (and this kid gets doted on by all the people in this house, that is 6 other people!)
- my little budding lawyers wanted to debate the start time of school today, using the lack of their choice cereal or chores that they felt were more important than lessons
- my 3yr old clogged another toilet
- one of my older kids wanted to help unclog by using the only toilet brush we have in the house
- my plunger failed me, so i need to get to a store to purchase a usable plunger and a replacement toilet brush
- within 30min of lessons starting, i realized that each child had a test in other subjects aside from the group history test due today
- a huge argument erupted over snack leading me to have to get another child to nap before lunch (very rare)
- at the end of snack my daughter dropped the glass jam jar on the kitchen floor, our kitchen tile is very unforgiving