In the beginning…
Several millennia ago, people began to expand over the earth, most likely branching out from ancient Mesopotamia. Along with settling these lands, the people began to create a culture for themselves. We have the pleasure of studying the ancient world every 4 years with our Tapestry of Grace history curriculum. Studying these ancient cultures is a blast and even young children can catch the fever of these studies.
In our homeschool, we study history according to time lines and we began our historic studies with Ancient Mesopotamia and Egypt. In order to keep things cheap, we often searched Youtube, Netflix, or Amazon Prime videos for documentaries. Please note: many of these resources need an initial look over by an adult. The ancient world was often displayed with nudity and violence.
Here are some of the resources we discovered during our study:
- Discovering Egypt
- Odyssey Online: Egypt
- Timeline for Egyptian Dynasties
- Scale model built of Noah’s Ark
- Ancient Mesopotamia
- Hovind Theory of Creation (7 parts)
- Egypt: The Habit of Civilization
- History of Egypt
- Collection of Ancient Civilization videos
- The First Australians: series of videos, first episode is split into 7 parts