I am thankful today, and for that, I am thankful. Between the stress of moving, cleaning stuff out, the normal life of raising 5 children, having a climbing/active toddler in the mix…. sometimes leave much to be thankful for. However, I am thankful for many things and I hope I have mentioned how much I really love this carnival. It helps me remember that even during a storm, there is much to be thankful for!!
1. “Wow, prayers now!! Jesus give grace for this moment!”
2. “Ohh! That happened to us once. Why do they put bathrooms over dining rooms? I’m praying. Love you, Kay!!”
I am thankful for the encouraging words when I began to spread the word about our surprise move this summer.
3. “Crazy! This is a big change of plans for you guys. As I frequently remind myself, God is bigger than the Army. he is sovereign and has some sort of plan. Maybe He will lead you to lead a church in the north after the Army.”
4. “Hey Kay! Wanted to let you know we will be praying for your and your family that this move will go smooth and according to God’s plan.”
5. “I know you must be so stressed. Makes my heart ache for you. Only God can give you peace, and He will in His time.”
6. “You will handle it with grace and ease, and remember God’s mercies are new every morning. He’s sending you there for a reason and a purpose, love you!!”
I am thankful also for the realtor who has been very candid and so extremely helpful.
I am thankful that I have friends who are taking my kids this weekend so we can fly to Alaska for house hunting. Please offer Trish, Sarah, and Laurie up in prayer. They are so giving to take bits of my little brood into their homes for 5 days.
I am thankful that my husband gets to fly with me, it’s a rare treat. At least, I hope it will be, see we both hate to fly and you know how folks express their anxiety differently 😉
I am thankful for a husband who is willing to provide for his family and does not shy away from revising his will and setting up the trustee and trust fund for our children should the plane fail us at any point. He is a planner and has no trouble keeping this sojourn on earth in the right perspective.