Getting to know you, getting to know all about you. Getting to hope you like me 🙂
Because of all…the..beautiful and new, things I’m learning about you, day-by-day!
Does anyone else see Deborah Kerr dancing around her Siamese classroom singing to her school children in that over-the-top-hoop skirt?
It was the first thing I thought of when I recieved this blog award, the Liebster Award.
I would like to thank the academy for this award! Being nominated with so many amazing and long time bloggers just humbles me. I would also like to thank my husband who makes my blogging happen! I would like to thank my children, who hardly ever make blogging happen. My parents, I have wonderful parents, who never felt like they guided my hyperactive, creative self. See, we made it!!!!
Now, you readers may get these things all the time, but I don’t. It brought a smile to my face and a song to my brain. So let’s all dance around in our imaginary hoop skirts and get to know each other better 😉
I was given the award by Natasha over at A Life Worth Living. I ‘met’ Natasha as a pre-chaplain spouse while she was blogging about the adventure of becoming a Chaplain family. It was a walk down memory lane reading her stories of Chaplain school and the jitters involved with waiting for that first assingment, packing for a PCS, having the military movers rummage through your stuff…ah, memories 😉
The Liebster Award does come with a few requirements:
- Share 11 fun facts about yourself
- Answer 11 questions from the nominator (Natasha gave me permission to just answer the same ones given to her, I thought they were pretty good!)
- Nominate 11 bloggers for this award (
must have less than 200 followersmust be blogs you enjoy reading, I will be taking bribes for your desired nomination 😉 Starbucks always works)
- Create 11 questions for the nominees to answer (bwahahahaha)
Random facts about Kay…
- I taught myself how to play the piano and I dearly wish I could sight read better than I do
- I play the violin, I was first chair in my high school orchestra, and you will NEVER hear me play because by the end of my senior year my stage fright was so bad I was throwing up before each concert and recital. It’s a very severe stage fright.
- I will wait until the last possible moment to head to the bathroom if I am into a project. Stopping for rest room breaks has always annoyed me 😦
- My left foot is slightly longer than my right 😦
- I would still be a heavy smoker if it wasn’t for my husband. Without him, I really had no desire to quit that bad habit.
- I would drive a truck, each time and every time, if I didn’t have 5 children to haul around with me. I hate my minivan 😦 Alaska has fed my ‘truck envy’ like you wouldn’t believe. My army buddies let me drive all the big trucks I wanted when I was in. Thanks to learning on a stick shift, I could drive the big deuce & 1/4 trucks 😉
- My intense personality and hyperactivity made my mother change her mind about how many kids she wanted. Before I came along, she wanted 6. After I was born, she thought maybe just 2 would be ok.
- In high school, my male friends would ask me to help them change tires because I knew how to do it and they didn’t. (thanks dad!!!)
- I pushed my husband into the Chaplaincy because I was desperate for some real income after 4 years of seminary, living on rice and beans. Ben was seriously considering a PhD right after his Masters.
- I used to have absolutely NO patience for people who couldn’t keep up with me. I thought weakness was intolerable. I learned real quick after being paralyzed following nerve damage after child birth and a very slow recovery from this broken arm. Sometimes the body just doesn’t do what we wish it would. I have been in tears this last month over not being able to open a pickle jar because my left arm/hand is still very weak 😦
- I am very thankful God gave me a super hero for a guardian angel in high school. I won’t go into all of it, but I did nearly kill myself being stupid over and over again.
Now for the questions from Natasha…
- My mother knew I was running with the wrong crowd in high school and she wanted me to get some distnce from them. She introduced me to Teen Mission based out of Florida. I told her I would be willing to go on a mission trip as long as I didn’t have to tell anything about Jesus. She raised the support money for me and her prayers were answered. On a mountain top in La Azuleta, Venezuela I came face-to-face with my sinfulness and God saved me.
- And we know that all things work together for good for those who love God, who are called according to His purpose. (Rom 8:26-28) For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord. Plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. (Jer 29:11) After breaking my left forearm and crushing my wrist, I had to wait on His timing for His healing, and rely on others for all things. I also had to learn to trust that His will in my life was exactly what I needed, even if I couldn’t see it.
- Coffee, coffee, coffee. latte, and coffee. I can introduce you guys to Ivy here. She is my dear friend and goes in the van with me during every PCS move and vacation 😉
- I don’t have any lofty goals this year.
- Hebrews 12:1 and Micah 6:8
- Wow, too many to name. The cross is where my Salvation comes from…
- Um, probably shabby chic or mission style furniture
- I have 5 children: 4 boys and one girl. I do have one furr-baby who is stuck in KS.
- I have no fashion goals for the year. It’s one of the main reasons I love Alaska. Sweaters and sweatshirts are in. I would love to update my sweaters.
- Oreos and milk
My nominees are:
Mrs. 4444 @ Half Past Kissin Time
Angie @ Many Little Blessings
Lisa @ ArmyChapsWife
Auntie Em @ Auntie Em’s Guide To Life
Sorta Southern Single Mom
Mama M @ My Little Life
Keetha @ The Eclectic Company
Crystal @ Serving Joyfully
Jessy @ Our Side of the Mountain
2 thoughts on “Getting to know you”
Love these answers and insights into who you are! I am also a last-minute bathroom user! Hate the waste of time, when really, it is necessary 🙂
Oh, totally!!! I actually enjoy doing these things too. It’s a lot of fun ‘getting to know’ folks 🙂