I love writing prompts. It is much easier to answer questions than it is to be wondrous and creative all the time. So here goes, the writing prompts from: From This Side of the Pond!
1. Have you ever written a love letter? Have you written one recently? Had one written to you? Did you keep it?
I have written love letter(s) and I kept every one of them. It was easy to keep the letters I wrote because I married the man they were to, and thus was able to get my hands on them before he threw them away. Writing love letters is how we did the long-distance relationship back in 1996. Hubby was stationed in Washington while I was still in our home state of Iowa. Sadly, I have not written one recently, but I believe I will. I once wrote a love note to my hubby and stuck it in his school book so he would find it. He did find it and used his company’s laminater and now keeps it in his wallet.
2. What’s a movie that ends in a way you especially love?
Golly, there are several! Princess Bride, The Lake House, Star Wars
3. Something that makes your heart sing? And for those of you who are parents, I mean something besides your children that makes your heart sing?
I recently discovered that one of my very good friends, who is not family, is also friends with my mother on FB. That made me all warm and fuzzy inside.
4. What’s the last event you had to attend, phone call you had to make, routine task you needed to complete, or meal you had to prepare, that you did do, but only half-heartedly?
I tried to press the easy button and do frozen crispy chicken strips for supper. They were awful! I keep warning people that going homemade means there is no longer an easy button. My oldest son even promised to help me cut chicken for the next batch, that’s how bad it was!
5. Tuna fish salad-yay or blech? If you said yay, how do you like your tuna salad prepared? Hey, this is the Hodgepodge, right?
I love tuna fish salad!! I have to use Duke’s Mayo, dill pickle relish, green peppers and green onion. Slather that on some good German dinkelbröt with tomato, and I am one happy girl!
6. What’s something you ‘know by heart’?
The way back home to my parent’s house. That is the home I grew up in, it hasn’t changed much since my 3rd grade year.
7. In the spirit of Valentine’s Day, what two or three word phrase would you write on a conversation heart for someone you love? That someone could be a spouse, child, parent, cousin, bestie…anyone at all whom you love.
You complement me. (with an ‘e’ not ‘i’)
8. Insert your own random thought here.