We also have our annual school testing next week, and of course, the kids are going to be testing at different sites around town. Why not make it crazy, right? Who wants to be normal and orderly, not me, I tell you 😉
There are other things that I so wish I could tell you about, but I am going to refrain (since hubby says ‘not yet, babe’) and focus on being thankful for today.
Today, RIGHT NOW, I am thankful for:
- My cousin’s baby was born this week at 24 weeks. I can’t tell you how scary that is for us all. Blood pressure issues brought Elli early and now we pray for her diligently and often as her little lungs continue to develop and her heart pumps regularly. I am so thankful that God has given us some wonderful moments with this little baby. I am thankful that my cousin and his wife are clinging to Jesus for their strength, and I am thankful that I have not been left out of this whole thing even though I am 2,000 miles away. Please pray for Elli, please!!!
The Lord’s loyal kindness never ceases; his compassions never end. they are fresh every morning; your faithfulness is abundant! My portion is the Lord” I have said to myself, so I will put my hope in him. Lamentations 3:22-24
- I am thankful for friends. These folks text back or email back right away when I call out for help, or humor, or prayers. They walk with me even when they are thousands of miles away. Without these ladies, my life would be so much more lonely!!
Therefore encourage one another and build up each other, just as you are in fact doing. 1 Thessalonians 5:11
|See, I used to have blond hair that was natural!!|
- I am thankful for memories. This week I was pawing through old photos to scan in and use with blogging. The memories that I basked in brought a smile to my face.
- I am so thankful for the family that I grew up in. My mother often modeled how to fill a house and hostess graciously. I am so looking forward to having my whole family here in Alaska to make more memories. While we will be packing this house, I know that I will have hands to help, patience in delays, and a lot of laughter no matter what happens. This is truly a blessing!!!
- I am so thankful for a last hoorah of snow!! We had a last dumping of snow that took a couple rounds of snow blowing to clear away. We made school stop short to get out into it and enjoy it. Thank you Lord for your mercy to the crazy snow loving people!!!