Life has sure been moving quickly lately, and yet the monotonous hangs closely in the background. When the wheels are spinning quickly, we can often overlook or truly run straight over the good things that are all around us. LIkewise, when the train gets moving down the tracks and we hear the same rhythmic clickity-clack, it can cover up the joys in life.
Thankful Thursday is the place to stop and count those blessings, to take note of those joys, on purpose 🙂
This week, I am thankful for:
- Friends, as always, but those who have gone before me and who pray for me knowing what is ahead.
- Also, my friends who share in the same twisted humor that I often can’t even confess to. Thanks for laughing with me and for joining me in a little self abasement.
- A husband who calls and stays involved even when he is away. He is down in San Antonio, TX this week soaking up the sun and eating Chick-Fil-A, which we don’t have up here in Alaska. The darling man is bringing home the sauce that we miss, just for us!!
- I am also thankful for a few nights to myself so I can watch a few girly flicks without that darling man LAUGHING when he should be CRYING!! Love you, babe, but you know you ruined Mansfield Park for me 😉
- For most of our school books to have arrived this year. Methinks I need to do some better forward planning and time the book shipments better next year.
- For the local animal shelter. We walk through there routinely and just chattering at the animals there can be therapeutic. I truly do miss my dog, almost painfully at times!
I pray your day is a good one and that you have found some joy in focusing on your blessings this week. They exist… trust me. Like I tell my son all the time: Sometimes you have to pick stuff up or move things to find what you are looking for. God Bless!
And just to make you smile as you head your way:
2 thoughts on “Thankful Thursday”
Gotta love chick flicks 😉
I was going to do a Jane Austen marathon, but they aren’t all free on Amazon right now 😉