The Advent Season is hear! Or at least, the calendar says it’s here. We celebrate Advent in our home because the month of December (including Christmas) is a celebration of the coming of Christ. This year, I will attempt my blogging Advent Calendar and we shall see how many of the 25 days I get filled in, eh?
- Advent: Hope (11/27/2016) - This past Sunday was the first official start of Advent: hope. For years now, we have been celebrating Advent as a family to help us focus on the reason for the Christmas season: the birth of Jesus Christ. He wanted to start a new tradition in our home and with our children so that they… Continue reading Advent: Hope
- Advent 2016 (12/1/2016) - The Advent Season is hear! Or at least, the calendar says it’s here. We celebrate Advent in our home because the month of December (including Christmas) is a celebration of the coming of Christ. This year, I will attempt my blogging Advent Calendar and we shall see how many of the 25 days I get… Continue reading Advent 2016
- It’s Christmastime! (12/2/2016) - It’s Christmas-time again! We love Christmas in our home: the glitter, the red, the green, the candles, the New England Village, the smells, the cookies, and especially…THE SONGS! I am one of those folks who absolutely refuses to allow any Christmas music until the day after Thanksgiving. I want this time to remain magical and… Continue reading It’s Christmastime!
- Advent: Joy (12/4/2016) - The second week of Advent is joy! It is the Advent season and many of us are rushing around to finalize our gift purchases and wrapping them. I also don’t believe I am alone in finding myself caught up in the scurrying and flurrying motions, while I lose sight of why I am doing… Continue reading Advent: Joy
- Happy Birthday Boys! (12/6/2016) - Today is a special day in our home, twice over! We have 2 birthday on the same day… isnt’ that amazing?? On this day, 40 years ago, an enlisted Army wife entered the hospital to give birth to her first-born. It was a boy, with blond hair, green eyes, and a huge grin. His folks… Continue reading Happy Birthday Boys!
- My Favorite Christmas Tradition (12/12/2016) - I recently asked my children, “What is your favorite part of Christmas?” My daughter’s answer was so well written, I am sharing it with you here today. Christmas time is my favorite part of the year. I love the holly jolly feelings, the Christmas cookies, the holiday music, the gift wrapping, and celebrating Jesus’s birthday.… Continue reading My Favorite Christmas Tradition
- Mary Did You Know? (12/20/2016) - Historically speaking, tonight is a preparation or the anticipation of a major historic event for the Christian world. It is not about decor around the house, or the tree being lit, or even the gifts under the tree. It is about the Messiah, who had been promised to God’s covenant people. A promise given back… Continue reading Mary Did You Know?