Versatile Blogger Award
I received my very first blogging award Tuesday. Yep, I am serious, it’s my first award ever. I was given this award by Nikki over at Joy in the Journey. I love her blog verse:
I love the fact that Nikki’s goal in life is to be a wife and teacher to her children. Her goal is discipling those children, and I find that very admirable! Thank you so much Nikki for my very first award EVER!! May God richly bless your journey!
Here are the rules for this award:
- Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to them.
- Tell your readers 7 things about yourself.
- Give this award to 15 recently discovered bloggers.
- Contact those bloggers and let them in on the news.
Here are my 7 little known facts:
- I am finally letting my hair go natural. This is very tough to swallow as I age. I had this lovely golden hair with reddish highlight growing up. Now it is streaked with silver. However, I am letting it show now, because I really feel I have earned each and every one of them 😉
- I never wanted to have children. I recently made this known at our women’s bible study. There were some shocked gals, let me tell you. I had watched my mother raising 3 girls, I knew just how hard it could be, and I knew how little of ‘self’ a mother got. I just didn’t want to give up myself at all. Thankfully, God saw differently and knew that I needed 5 children to help focus all that hyper activity I had untapped.
- I used to race my car Friday nights. Yep, won nearly ever time too. I had a nice, big, beautiful ’69 Impala to run around with.
- I bid on things I will never win on eBay. I know, sick habit. There are so many fun things on eBay, but I had to curb that habit the first time I won something truly rediculous. who knew the other folks would stop so low???
- I wish a baby girl would somehow land on my doorstep. I had such troubles with delivering babies that we shut the factory down after Noah. Now I do wish we could adopt a little baby girl so that Bekah could have a sister. Hubby has some reserves about adoption, so quite literally a baby girl has to land in our laps if it is ever going to happen.
- I feel the itch to move again already. We are a military family and we move around a lot. God has blessed us by letting us stay put for 3 more years!!! It is wonderful to be able to rest in one place for that long, but every time I hear of someone PCSing to a new location, I want to do it too. It’s probably just the house hunting. I actually love doing that!!
- I love cooking! I held a reputation growing up that I would never ever attempt to master anything that even smelled like domesticity. But I love playing in the kitchen and even love making bread from scratch. Don’t let my cousins know, I will never live it down!!
Now off to give 15 bloggers this award! Here is the link list.
Half Past Kissin Time
Him, Me, and our Three
Putting the FUN in DysFUNctional
Our Side of the Moutain
Time out for Mom
Full Circle Homeschooling