Ok, this week my thankful post is mostly discipline because I believe that God gives blessings daily and I really need to recognize those. He does not have us walk valleys without showing us an oasis along the way. They are the small mercies shown to us every day. Be diligent to look for them 🙂
I am thankful for:
- scenes like this, where kids are doing their school work happily and without complaint
- that hubby’s website has had such a successful launch (and please let me know if you would be willing to put his button on your sidebar for a week, he’s doing a series on forgiveness in marriage)
- for hearing that our dog is doing great in KS, even though he’s not with us 😦 Bittersweet to hear.
- for hearing back from my friend, who I have been praying for from 4,000 miles away
- for the countdown to visitations starting this summer
- for the fact that my entire family (sans one hubby) who will be visiting all at once to my home in May!!! It may sound crazy to you all, but I am beyond excited and already losing sleep over the excitement 😉
- for all the snow that we have had this past week
- for getting out in the snow
6 thoughts on “Thankful…I think…”
Yay for visitors!And I totally get that thankfulness is a discipline. Finding those everyday blessings is so easy some weeks, and difficult other times. Thanks for linking up! Have a great weekend.
You too, Lisa!! I know, guests, guests, happy dance for guests 🙂
We are all thankful for snow this week, that’s a lot of snow;)I’d be happy to host your hubby’s button on my blog for at least a week. Seems fitting that this week I run into you as I am writing all about military chaplains this month. I am doing a 4 week series on Quotes from Military Chaplains. I hope you will visit and let me know what you think- we are an Army family too! I love your blog and am following you now. Great thankful list.
I thought we were both military, that’s pretty cool 🙂 Yay for hosting, just a week, that’s all 🙂
Grandma loves the schoolwork pic! Warm and industrious! Doublegood!
I thought you might. Except I can hear a motherly voice telling me to “sit up straight”… 😉