I have a couple things to blog about today. They are short, so bear with me.
First has to do with something I saw on the news this morning. I can’t imagine begin able to pay $19,000 for any of my children to go to preschool, but a woman in NYC did. Not only that, but apparently she was told that this elite, Ivy League preschool was going to prepare her daughter for a prestigious grammar school, then middle school… you catch the drift. She chose this preschool because she wants her daughter to be groomed for an Ivy League College for her higher education.
Apparently she was pretty ticked off when she showed up to see what her daughter was learning, and her child was playing blocks with a child younger than she was. So a law suit is now underway, you can read about this here. Now, I will be honest, I wouldn’t believe a teacher if they said that their preschool curriculum could guarantee my kids entrance into Yale or Harvard. It’s preschool… colors, shapes, standing in a line, taking a nap on your mat, and sitting in a circle for story time. What’s Ivy League about that?? 😉
- I do believe that I should blog with integrity in my own way with my own thoughts, because I represent the King in all I do.
- I believe in being respectful to other blogging folks because God has said in His word to “love my neighbor as myself.”
- I will engage in open dialogue with folks I may disagree with, as long as I refrain from being offensive and rude, because these folks have all been made “in the image of God.”
- No bullying allowed by comment or posting.
- I believe that I should be as encouraging as possible without being shallow or false. I am who I am, I was created as myself…. but always expressed with tact and love.
- I want to keep my community a safe one. I want my visitors to be welcome and encouraged. I have this policy with my physical home as well as my blog home.
If you wish to consider taking the pledge, head on over.