Yes, January 1st is our wedding day. It was the best day to choose when batting around days in our 3 week window. Yep, you read that right. From the time my enlisted love called me during finals week letting me know that he had orders for Korea over our original wedding date the following June and could we please get married over Christmas when he would fly home. His commander let him have leave to get married… so could we do that??? I won’t replay the conversation I had with the folks over bumping up their first daughter’s wedding to 3 weeks away, but I will never stop thanking my mother for an amazing wedding that I hardly helped plan. My family ROCKS!!!
It has been 18 years, 2 countries, 10 American states, 9 straight years of schooling, 5 child births, 1 deployment, just to get to this point. And YES, I would do it all over again! I am taking the time to say those things which I often forget to list:
- Thank you for seeing something that I didn’t see 18 years ago.
- Thank you for still thinking I am sexy after 5 children.
- Thank you for helping me learn to deal with my firecracker temper
- Thank you for beating up your body in your current job for our family and taking your role as provider so seriously.
- Thank you for helping me have our children!!
- Thank you for helping me raise those children!!
- Thank you for your desire to build relationship with extended family because it is important to me.
- Thank you for being such a pleasure to cook for and for teaching our children that I just might BE the best cook my children have ever seen.
- Thank you for doing the bills and managing finances that keep our large crew floating. I hope I am doing better with budgeting and withholding on shoe purchases?
- Thank you for getting me hooked on Bass Pro Jeans… yea, that store is pretty cool.
- Thank you, most of all, for seeking guidance from Jesus and being led yourself by the Savior.